Volunteers are the heart and backbone of Habitat.
Time and time again, our community has demonstrated its generosity through countless hours of volunteering. Through this collective effort, families have been able to move into their very own homes – Thank You Volunteers
Here are a few ways you can get involved:
Host a team building retreat at our ReStore, put together a build day team, attend our annual Hard Hats & Heels fundraiser or help by donating auction items, area business owners donate your company’s volunteer hours or company dollars to Habitat, donate items to the ReStore, join a Habitat committee, organize a luncheon for build site volunteers, make a weekly “any size” donation, every dollar helps!
Ready to Volunteer?
Please fill out this application HERE. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.
Who to Contact:
For ReStore opportunities: email@example.com
For Habitat opportunities: firstname.lastname@example.org
65 W. Scott Street
Fond du Lac, WI 54935
(920) 921-6623 – Office
(920) 322-0778 – Fax
Habitat for Humanity still aims to seek passionate individuals and organizations to join us in our fight against substandard housing in the Fond du Lac community. Volunteers of all skill levels, races and religions are welcomed!
Check out our volunteer site for some volunteer opportunities: https://habitatfdl.volunteermatrix.com/
Click here for Safety Training for Habitat Restore Volunteer http://hfhaffiliateinsurance.com/
Check here for a Job Site Safety video: https://youtu.be/2_VH0Fh2I0o
Waivers & Expectations
- New volunteers must complete all sections of the Volunteer Information Form and Release/Waiver before completing volunteer work for Habitat for Humanity. Download the Build Waiver here! Download the Habitat and/or ReStore Waiver here!
- Volunteers must contact the Habitat Office to sign-up for a volunteer opportunity. Only those individuals who have signed up for an opportunity will be able to participate.
- If an individual is unable to make the day that he/she has signed up for, he/she should contact the Habitat Office as soon as possible.
- Volunteers should dress appropriately for the task. Individuals volunteering on the build site or at the ReStore should expect to be working outside and should expect to get dirty. No open-toed shoes, short shorts, tank tops are allowed on the build site or the ReStore. Volunteers not dressed properly may be asked to leave and return with appropriate clothing..
- Volunteers should arrive on time for their scheduled build day or volunteer opportunity.
- Volunteers with any special needs should contact the Habitat Office.
- Safety is of the upmost importance on the Build Site and the ReStore. Volunteers should follow the directions of the Site Leader, Construction Coordinator or supervisor at all times.
- Individuals must not be under the influence of alcohol or any illicit drugs while participating in volunteer opportunities.
- Individuals under the age of 18 should consult the Age Restrictions Guidelines regarding applicable volunteer opportunities.
- Individuals failing to follow the Volunteer Policy may be asked to no longer volunteer with Habitat for Humanity of Fond du Lac County.
- In order to provide the best volunteer experience possible, Habitat for Humanity of Fond du Lac County reserves the right to amend or update this policy as needed.
We have the following age restrictions for any volunteer under the age of 18:
Ages 16 and 17 (Minors under the age of 16 are not allowed on Habitat Build Sites)
- Must be supervised on a 3 youths: 1 adult ratio
- Must submit a release and waiver of liability for a minor signed by a parent/legal guardian prior to performing any volunteer activity
- Can assist with general construction/carpentry
- Must not work on/with excavation, demolition, or power tools
- Must not work at heights above 6 feet or on the roof
- Release and Waiver of Liability for Minors
What volunteer opportunities are available?
Our most common volunteer opportunity is to help on a build site. Construction volunteers help with various tasks, including framing, roofing, drywall, painting, or siding. We also look for individuals to volunteer to provide lunch to the construction volunteers on build days. For more information call the Habitat Office at (920) 921-6623 or email us here!
Do I need to sign up to volunteer?
Yes, you need to sign up in advance to volunteer. Please contact Katie Karls to sign up for a specific build day. Check out our calendar of Volunteer Opportunities on our website. If you have never volunteered with us before, you will need to fill out a Volunteer Information Form and a Release/Waiver.
What do I wear?
Wear appropriate clothing for the weather and the task for your volunteer day. For your safety, no open-toed shoes are allowed. Sunscreen is also recommended if you are working outside. Remember, you are working on a construction site so you will get dirty!
What do I bring?
If you have them, bring safety glasses, a hammer, tape measure and gloves. If you do not have these items, they will be provided for you.
What should I expect for a build day?
7:45 AM – Check In at Build Site
8:00 AM – Morning Devotion and Safety Meeting
8:10 AM – Construction Begins
11:30 AM – Lunch Break (Lunch is Provided)
12:00 PM – Construction Resumes
3:30PM – Clean-Up
4:00 PM – Build Day Ends
What if I have no previous construction experience?
No previous construction experience is required. Volunteers are divided up into teams with a Crew Leader. The Crew Leader will mentor you and teach you everything you need to know.
What if I have previous construction experience?
We are always looking for Crew Leaders to help lead groups of volunteers. If you are interested in being a Crew Leader, please contact Katie Karls for more details.
Who do I contact for more information?
Please contact Katie Karls at (920) 921-6623 or stop in at the Habitat Office located at 65 W. Scott Street in Fond du Lac.
We look forward to you volunteering with us!